The Evergreen Process
Step 1: Discovery Call
Our first call will consist of open dialogue to understand who you are and how you have landed in your current financial position. Most of this meeting will be driven by you addressing any concerns you have and discovering how our firm can assist you. We will have questions for sure, but this call will serve mainly to be conversational and discuss how we might fit into your plan; you don’t have to worry about crunching numbers or having too much prepared. . . No decisions will be made during this call so you can feel pressure-free throughout.
I like what we've talked about so far... Let's keep going.
Step 2: Deep dive and opportunity identification
In this meeting, we certainly jump more into your financials and data in comparison to the Discovery Call. The most important part about this call is that it helps us better understand you as an investor.
In addition, we want to understand your journey and how the different aspects of your life have affected your relationship with money. Your journey will bring to light how you make decisions, what types of risks you are comfortable with, and what you need to be successful going forward. Here are a few examples of how our past experiences can shape our relationship with money:
- Having parents that grew up in an era of economic depression that engrained an appreciation for money
- Experiencing a wealthy family member lose it all on a real estate project
- Knowing a successful person that was never around for their family
- Having a family member with a pension
After understanding your journey, we are better able to dive into your financials and identify a unique set of opportunities for you with us.
I'm ready to turn "the plan" into "my plan"
Step 3: Implementation
In this stage we will blueprint your financial plan in our financial planning software. The blueprint allows us to answer most of your planning questions and address issues before implementing your investment strategy.
Questions you may use in customizing your financial plan to address your priorities
- How much can I spend in retirement?
- When do I take social security?
- Which accounts will I draw from in retirement to minimize taxes?
- Can I fund my grandchildren’s 529 college accounts?
- Will working part time for my first 4 years of retirement have an impact?
Transferring your assets to Evergreen Retirement Planning
- Adjusting asset allocation to your profile while minimizing tax consequences. This may involve keeping some of your current investments to avoid triggering taxes and building a portfolio around those investments.
- Tax loss harvesting
- Assuring accounts needed for income within 3 years are conservatively invested
Clear communication with your CPA and attorney to assure the plan that we developed works on all levels
- Are the beneficiaries on all accounts setup correctly?
- Move assets into trusts
- Discover any carry forward losses from prior years
Identify next planning steps for future meetings
Not quite ready? Have more questions?
Explore our philosophy
- Passive index investing
- Our firm's stay-small approach puts clients first
Understand our fee structure
Learn more about our services
- Financial planning with a customer-first, human approach.
- Investment solutions using passive index funds as well as socially responsible options